Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ian Zachary Training session pt. 1

I have been working with Chuck at West Coast Salon Distributors to enhance my skills as a hair stylist and platform artist. He has been teaching me new techniques as well as giving me constructive criticism on my work and how to make it appealing to other hair stylist. Ultimately my goal is to help him sell products by teaching other stylist how amazing Ian Zachary color truly is.


I posted a search on facebook for anyone willing to let me do whatever needed to showcase this color line by giving someone a dramatic change. I got a lot of responses but many of them wanted small changes or something specific. I ended up choosing a friend from high school Danielle. She had natural level 6 hair which she BOX colored to be a level 4. She hadn't colored it in a month so she had about 1 inch of regrowth. After consulting with her, we decided to make her a beautiful level 4 with a lot of red tones in it and create an accent panel in the front of an intense level 6 red. My natural response was to color her ends with the target color and mix a different color for the roots to deepen it. But Chuck said that would have made my results far too dark, so i took his advice and did a bleach wash on her first which lifted her to a very orange level 7 which was perfect! After that it made it very easy to section out my panel and use the red level 6 on her panel and put the dark red level 4 on her ends. For her cut, I wanted to add more life to her locks by re stacking it and releasing some of the weight at the bottom. I also added a small amount of fringe in the front which can be worn forward or swept off to the side. The results were beautiful! see for yourself!

This was the results after the bleach wash. I used Ian Zachary bleach with 30 vol and shampoo, capped it and let it sit without heat for 30 min.



Here is the gorgeous, shiny after!


No comments:

Post a Comment