Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair Show 2013

This past weekend I went to Orlando for the annual Premiere hair show. As always, there is so much to see and so much to do! This year, I was determined to be productive, take classes, and try not to do so much shopping.

In order to do so, I pre registered for a color class and an up styling class with Kris Sorbe, a well known stylist who has won many awards including NAHA Master Hairstylist of the Year (North American Hairstyling Awards), she also received the 2004 and 2005 Canadian International Hairstylist of the Year, an ABBIES award for Best Salon Education Program and at HairColor USA Best Educator and Most Inspirational Educator of the Year. 

In her class, I learned a lot of really helpful hints and tricks that I plan on incorporating into my daily work. She showed me new techniques to create ombre looks like this one:

I also learned how to create the latest high fashion "buns" even on the finest and shortest of hair.


She was extremely motivational and so down to earth! She even gave me a pack of her own bobby pins so I know what to look for next time I go shopping for new ones in order to achieve the best look for certain up styles. 

On my agenda for the show, I also wanted to find an airbrush makeup kit. I have been dying to try one of these and at the show I found a really great company. The cool thing about this machine is you can use it for foundation, blush, eyeshadows, really colorful face painting and stenciling, as well as tanning! I am currently practicing trying to perfect my skills so I can one day incorporate airbrush makeup to me line up of services to offer to my lovely clients. 

I also wanted some new inspiration for my male clientele. My main focus is really women's styling but I do have many male clients who are looking for new and exciting looks as well. It's nice that fashion is bringing men back to a more classic look instead of the awful blowout! I got some new ideas from watching the show put on by American crew. It's all about the matte look rather than the wet gel look. Here are some of my favorite male looks I saw at the show:





All in all, I would have to say I accomplished all of this and managed to do a little shopping. It was a great experience and I look forward to seeing what next year has to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment