Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year for halloween I was able to do a few different looks on myself and some friends of mine. In this post, I will post the pictures and give a brief description of what I did. I went to two different 80's nights, Zombicon, and a regular costume party downtown. It was by far the funnest year to dress up! Since I already posted my Zombicon pictures on the previous post, I will just post the 80's nights and the other party! Enjoy!


80's night #1
The girls let my dress them and do hair and makeup. It's pretty crazy that this is all my regular clothes but when you put it together in such a way, it can look pretty ridiculous!


For this look, I curled my hair to the max and teased it until it coulden't be teased anymore! When I think 80's I think big fluffy bangs so that exactly what I did! For the makeup, I wanted to do bright pinks and blues so I blended the two shades on my lid and topped with liner for the ultimate 80's look. I also used that same bright pink eye shadow for my blush. I completed the look with the brightest pink lipstick I could find!



For Jordan's 80's look I teased her hair in 80's fashion. For her eyeshadow I used a bright green all the way to her brows, and topped it off with the bright pink blush and lips.



Tanya has pretty short hair so a little teasing goes a long way! Instead of the pink lips, I went with a bright red to accentuate the outfit and her cute heels. For the eyes, I just used a bright blue on the top and bottom.



80's night #2
This time, we decided to go a little wilder with our 80's looks. This is the result!


This time, I went with black and pink on the eyes and I found these crazy lashes to acetate the look as well as a lightning bolt glitter sticker!


This is the other side. You can see my hair better in this picture. I did a lot of curls and even crimped some pieces!


Here we are in all of our 80's glory! They brought there own outfits, but I did the hair and makeup for them.


I truly believe I was meant to live in the era! It was so much fun getting ready! We even did a mini macbook photo shoot!




Saturday night Halloween party


My mother was going to a costume party as Cleopatra. She basically told me to do whatever so using Elizabeth Taylor as my inspiration, I created my own version.


I felt like cleopatra would wear more gold, so I created a look by blending the two shades together and extending the liner with blue liner as well as black.





Jordan was going as a dark angel. I created this looks using some clever line work using black liner, and glitter liner as well as a few shades of pink and black shadows. I didn't have black lipstick, so I used concealer as a base, then topped it with black eyeliner and set it with black shadow and it lasted her all night!
For her hair, I wanted to show off her eye makeup as much as possible so I teased it into a pompadour with the sides slicked to accentuate the look.





Me and my boyfriend decided to go as phantom of the opera and I was the angel of music. I originally bought him a mask but when he tried it on, it just wasn't working so I decided to paint him a mask instead!


For my Angel of music look, I wanted to have a modern victorian look. Since I just got my hair cut into a long bob, I had to add clip in extensions to my hair and style it to look victorian. For the makeup, I used golds and browns to go with the outfit.



My and my phantom <3



good and evil!



All in all, this was one of the most fun Halloweens I have had in a while! It's the only time of year you can really get fun and creative with your looks and people don't look at you like you have two heads! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment