Sunday, July 17, 2011

My review of Wen hair products


So we've all heard the buzz about the latest all natural product in hair care WEN by Chaz Dean. It is an all natural product that claims to take the place of your shampoo, conditioner, leave in treatment, deep treatment, and even shave cream.
I had to try it for myself just to see if it was as fantastic as it claims. I went online to find this magical product. At first I wasn't sure where to look because I wasn't watching one of there many infomercials or QVC specials, so I went to the site I always look first... Amazon.com. They had a few listings but I noticed they were all posted from Chaz Dean himself... I decided to check out his website so I could get more information. On the site, I read about the products and found out they came in many different scents, not just the sweet almond mint that is advertised. Because I'm not a huge fan of having minty scented hair I was intrigued by some of the other scents like cucumber, fig, and lavender.
On both sites I found the prices to be about the same (pretty high if I might add). So on the search for better prices I continued onto other sites to find a better deal! I found the site featured on those late night infomercials claiming to the best deal around! For $29.99 you got a 30 day supply of the conditioning cream, a comb, treatment, styling cream, and some sort of pomade... sounds great! Until you read the fine print... every 3 months they will send you a new 90 day supply and charge you $29.95 plus $7.95 for shipping and handling! Now that was just way too much of a commitment for something I was just trying for the first time.
I continued on my search to a website I never thought I would order from.... QVC.This is the site I ultimately ended up ordering from. For $37.50 (plus $5.72 shipping and handling), I got three 6 oz. conditioning creams in three different scents. I found out the different scents do different things for your hair. I chose the 3 pack recommended for fine hair which included Lavender, Cucumber, and Sweet almond mint(ick).
When I received my package, I could not wait to try it! It came with some instructions so I made sure to read it throughly before using. I then found out with my length of hair I needed 30 PUMPS OF CONDITIONING CREAM!!!! That's like half of the bottle! I immediately felt ripped off. But I decided to give it a try because I already went through the trouble of finding it & ordering it.
The directions say the product should be the first thing you use in the shower and the last thing you rinse. So I took my 30 pumps of product and worked it through my hair, added a little water, combed it through and clipped it up. It seemed strange to have absolutely no lather in a shampoo. But I have to say that when i rinsed my hair and blow dried it after, I was shocked at how soft my hair felt!
I've been using it now for a little over a month and I no longer use the 30 pumps, and I find I use it more as a conditioner. I curl my hair often and use a lot of spray so I found Wen wasn't strong enough to remove the hairsprays. But I really like how soft it has made my hair.

Is it worth it...I would say try it but for that price I could have used other shampoos and conditioners I like.

BTW- sweet almond mint wasn't as stinky as I thought it would be... but Lavender was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment