Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Orlando Premire show!

I had been preparing for so long that I couldn't believe how fast it came and went! As much anticipation and stress I built up for the show was soon calmed as soon as I stepped on that stage! It was such fun, fast paced atmosphere that you didn't even realize how much time had passed by. There were tons of fellow stylists just walking by trying to get the most of all the deals and new products out there. Every so often we would have people come by the booth and watch me preforming color applications and hair cuts. We even had a few people volunteer to be models for me. It was a very fun experience! The days were long, and standing in my fabulous Jessica Simpson heals all day was not an easy task but it was defiantly worth it! Over all, I would have to say that this experience really opened up my eyes to a whole other side of the hair industry that I was unfamiliar with. It's not as glitz and glamorous backstage as I had expected it to be. You have to wash hair in community sinks, use paper towels, and hope that the person before you didn't use up all the water! But what I took back from this was a whole lot of respect for platform artists and the work they do to get to where they are. Also, I learned so many new techniques and tips that I look forward to bringing back with me to the salon. Here are some of the pictures of the booth and me preforming a color application on one of my models. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment